Beginning Your Own Study Group on the Yamas & Niyamas:
- Download the Facilitator’s Guide for starting your own study group.
- Download the Yamas & Niyamas PowerPoint Presentation for support in guiding a group or in your personal conversations with these guidelines.
- Download Triggers and Practices for your personal study and reflection.
Participate in Free (for members) Online Workshop:
The Yamas and Niyamas: Learn How to Put Yogic Values into Practice is a free 2-hour workshop available to members through Yoga International.
Read Author’s Published Articles:
Yamas & Niyamas:
- The Yamas: What Patanjali Must Have Known About Us (This article originally appeared at Yoga International.com)
- Violence Ends Here: A Response to Charleston (This article originally appeared at Yoga International.com)
- Becoming an Un-Disturbable Person (Toronto Yoga Conference Guide 2014)
- Yoga Ethics: Why They Matter (Integral Yoga Magazine, Spring 2013)
- Cultivating the Niyamas (Integral Yoga Magazine, Summer 2013)
- Why Questions Matter More than Answers: Yamas & Niyamas in Practice (This article originally appeared at Yoga International.com)
- The Practice of Meditation [The Edge; The Himalayan Path]
- Why Yoga [Lakeside News; Women’s Press]
- Living in Brittle Bones: My Life as Yoga Teacher with Osteoporosis [This article originally appeared at Yoga International.com]
- How My Practice Evolved after My Osteoporosis Diagnosis [This article recently appeared at Yoga International.com]
- What the H*ll? [The following articles appeared in the Duluth News Tribune]
- What is the Real Cost of Tension?
- A Door to Rest
- Organizing from the Core
- Go, Go, Go
- Get Me Out of Here!
- Finishing Last
- Blink Breaks
- Program Yourself for Peace
- Read Written Interview about the Yamas and Niyamas on Letters in Yoga.
Listen to Deborah’s live interviews (newest listed first):
- Listen to Deborah’s interview on the Drew Marshall show 9.30.17.
- A local PBS show, Speak Your Mind, Alternative Paths to Well-Being
- A local PBS show, Speak Your Mind, which focuses on mental health, featured Deborah in the episode Barriors to Growth; Why Aren’t You Happy?.
- Click to hear Deb’s interview on Yoga Peeps. Yoga Peeps: Bringing Yoga to the People
- Listen to Deborah’s interview with Heidi Holtan on KAXE radio: click here
Other Books on Meditation and the Mind:
- The Secret of the Yoga Sutra: Samadhi Pada by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
- Conquest of the Mind by Eknath Easwaren
Other Books on the Yamas and Niyamas:
- Yoga and the Twelve-Step Path by Kyczy Hawk
- Sophia Rising: Awakening your sacred wisdom through yoga by Monette Chilson
- Yoga for a World out of Balance: Teaching on Ethics and Social Action by Michael Stone
- The Practice of the Yoga Sutra: Sadhana Pada by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
- The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman’s Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras by Nischala Joy Devi
- Yoga and Vegetarianism by Sharon Gannon
- Download a sample ahimsa class plan and class handout from Erika Fryklepak
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer
- Back to top of page